M2 Kit Tablet contains 1 tablet of mifepristone 200mg to be given orally and 4 tabletsof 200mcg misoprostol to be given vaginally for the medical termination of pregenancy up to 9 weeks.
Mifepristone has an anti-progestational activity. As mifepristone inhibits the activity of progesterone it results in termination of pregnancy. Mifepristone also exhibits antiglucocorticoid and weak anti-androgenic activity.
Misoprostol is a synthetic prostaglandin. E1. Misoprostol causes the cervix to soften and the uterus to contract and also inhibits gastric acid secrection in humans.
The most common side effects of this medicine include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and stomach cramps. If these bother you or appear serious, let your doctor know. There may be ways of reducing or preventing them. Some side effects may mean you should inform your doctor immediately include heavy vaginal bleeding or abdominal pain.
Before taking this medicine, tell your doctor if you have ever had an ectopic pregnancy, or you are breastfeeding or using an intrauterine device. Your doctor should also know about all other medicines you are taking as many of these may make this medicine less effective or change the way it works. You must avoid strenuous activity like heavy exercise, running and driving while abortion as it can affect the bleeding. Your doctor may perform an ultrasound or pelvic examination to check for abortion completion.
USES OF M2 Kit Tablet
BENEFITS OF M2 Kit Tablet
The anti-progastational activity of mifepstone results from competitive interaction with results from competitive intraction with progesterone at progesterone-receptor sites. Based on studies with various oral doses in several animals species (mouse, rat rabbit and monkey) the compound inhabits the activity of endgenous or exogenrous progesterone and termination of preganancy results.
Prostaglandin E1 causes myometrial contraction by interacting with specific receptor on myometrial cells. This interaction results in a change in calcium conceration, there by untiating muscle contraction, By interaction with prostaglandin receptors, misoprostol causes the cervix to soften and the uterus to contract, resulting in the expulsion of the uterine contents.
SIDE EFFECTS OF M2 Kit Tablet
- Stomach cramp
- Uterine contractions
- Menorrhagia (heavy menstrual bleeding)
HOW TO USE M2 Kit Tablet
HOW M2 Kit Tablet works
- M2 Kit Tablet helps terminate a pregnancy.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as it can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- It does not affect fertility. Use contraception to avoid pregnancy.
For pregnancy termination:
- Take it no later than 63 days after the first day of your last menstrual period.
- Take Misoprostol 36 – 48 hours after taking Mifepristone.
- Rest for at least 3 hours after taking the Misoprostol.
- Take it only as prescribed by the doctor. Miscarriages, if incomplete, may result in serious medical complications leading to hospitalization, surgery and possible infertility.
- Vaginal bleeding lasting for approximately 12 days may occur after taking this medicine. Inform your doctor immediately if excessive bleeding occurs or if you suffer from severe abdominal pain.
WHAT IF YOU FORGET TO TAKE M2 Kit Tablet?
Contraindications of M2 Kit Tablet
If you have a bleeding problem
If you have a confirmed or suspected ectopic pregnancy
If you suffer from any heart problem
If you suffer from any liver disease
If have any kidney disease
If you are having vaginal bleeding
If you have porphyria (an inherited blood disease that may cause nervous system or skin problems)