Accurate Advanced Midstream Pregnancy Test Kit is a immunochromatographic assay for qualitative detection of human chronic gonadotropin (hCG) hormone in female urine, that indicates early pregnancy. Human chorionic gonadotropin is a placental glycoprotein hormone initially secreted by cells from the implanting conceptus during week 2, supporting the ovarian luteum. Corpus luteum supports the endometrial lining and therefore maintains pregnancy.
In normal pregnancy, hCG levels detected in urine soon after conception and within one week of implantation 5-50 mIU/ml hCG level are seen. At the time of the first missed menstrual period, hCG concentration in urine and serum is about 100 mlU/ml. hCG levels increase rapidly during the first 10 weeks of pregnancy, with peak levels of 100,00-200,00 mlU/ml reached at the end of the first trimester.
The appearance of hCG in the urine and serum soon after conception and its subsequent rise in concentration during early gestational growth, make it an excellent marker for the early detection of pregnancy. Accurate Advanced Midstream Pregnancy Test Kit has a sensitivity of 25 mlU/ml hCG for urine, which is sufficient to detect pregnancy on the first day of the missed period. The test is specific for hCG and does not cross react with related glycoprotein hormones. at physiological concentration. The test is for screening purpose only. The positive result should be verified by using confirmatory test.
- Take out the Midstream test device from the foil pouch, prior to testing.
- Remove the cap and hold the midstream test device with the exposed absorbent tip pointing downward directly into urine stream for 10 seconds until it is thoroughly wet.
- Remove the midstream from urine stream and place cap over the absorbent tip. Lay the midstream test device on flat surface, with result window facing up.
- Wait for 3-5 minutes and interpret results.
- All result where control band does not appear are considered invalid.
INTERPRETATION OF RESULTS:
POSITIVE: Red color bands appear at positions T and C. The test is positive and you can assume you are pregnant.
NEGATIVE: Red color band appear at position C. The test is negative and you can that you are not pregnant.
INVALID: Red color band does not appear at position C. The test is invalid.